Remember last week not being quite right? Yeah, this week sort of turned it around!
Lemon 1 into lemonade: Stinky canvas. It still smells some. No one but me is bothered and I don’t intend on hanging it up permanently. It’ll just be for styling photos. Unless I love it too much. Anyhow, a friend said not to worry about the moths. And I trust her so there. I primed the canvas with left over white primer. Hoped it would cover up the smell. Maybe shouldn’t have gone with low (no?) VOC paint… Not smelly at all. I’m thinking of sanding the wood and putting something like cedar oil on it. It’ll smell prettier. Anyhow, I’m all excited because I’ve figured out what I want to paint and how I want to paint it. It’ll be a tree. Stylized. I’m really really excited about it! I’ll get it done next week.
Lemon 2 into lemonade: That fleece cardigan thingie. I’d run out of the right embroidery thread. Well, I went to A.I. Friedman and they had the exact same colour! The original one came in a multi-pack and I wasn’t in the mood to buy another multi-pack (though they did have that same pack). But they had the green! And now, all I need to do is sew on the buttons. This thing will be finished this week!
Lemon 3 into lemonade: Snowstorm. My beloved Fairway was well stocked and not too busy and I got everything I needed. The snow fell and souricette 1 made a snow family with her friend. I wanted to wait till all the snow had fallen before showing her how to make a BIG snowman but the snow went unsticky. Whatev. We went sledding. We need a new sled because ours was sticky. Souricette 2 loved it and souricette 1 found one of her friends. And I decided to get some close-ups of the girls. Here are my best ones.
Souricette 1 wasn’t happy to be leaving. She didn’t want to pose and refused to look at me. And I’m happy with the result! I may need to make her angry when I want pretty pictures…
New lemon : I designed a skirt for the girls with some taffeta and tulle. I made a first version but it turns out I didn’t use enough tulle. My tulle was only 54″ wide rather than the 108″ I thought I’d gotten. And the taffeta turned out to be 54″ wide too. So the two layers of tulle aren’t pouffing the skirt up much at all. The good thing is I have plenty of taffeta to make 2 or 3 more skirts in the same colour. And I have another piece of taffeta in another colour. And tulle is only 99 cents a yard so I can definitely get more without breaking the bank. I’m going to keep working on it until I’m happy with the result and then, I’m going to turn it into a tutorial. I won’t work on it next week. I’m too excited about that canvas to do anything else. But here’s some lemonade for you. I finally figured out how to use my hemmer foot! Yay for fast hems! And the chain stitch belt loop is perfect. I will try to get a good shot of the imperfect skirt on my model next week.
And next week, no talk of citrus…
I love reading your comments! I will try to respond to every single one.