The last week of school is almost over so I have been running myself ragged trying to get as much done as I can while I have some alone time. Not helping my case have been the heat and my dislike of the air conditioner. Add to that a not very ergonomic set up that’s been causing me shoulder pain and I haven’t had the energy to write this (or even take pictures of the projects I’ve actually finished). But if I don’t do it now, it’ll take me the whole summer and I’ll forget. (Actually no, it’ll be nagging me and I’ll feel horrible but I’ll still procrastinate because of how long I waited.) So this isn’t going to be complete but it’s the best I can do right now.
The Liebster award is a bit of a chain mail thing. That makes it sound bad but it isn’t. Someone nominates you, in my case, that would be Anna’s Heirloom Boutique. Thank you!
Then, you answer their questions, add 10 more random facts about you, and nominate 5-10 more blogs for the same. I’m going to fall down on some of the rules (uh, like nominating other blogs) but I’m going to do my best to answer the questions.
- What is your blog about? It’s a bit of a mish mash I guess. I keep meaning to update y tagline and never seem to get around to it. Basically, it’s about anything related to textile that I’m making plus some photography thrown in.
- Why did you start blogging? I have a hard time putting myself out there. I’m much more comfortable doing my thing quietly in a corner. But I do crave that connection and I knew that wouldn’t happen if I stayed comfortable. So I started blogging.
- If you could travel any where, where would you go? Around the world? I can’t say there are a lot of places I don’t want to see. In the unlikely dream category (because it’s so far), I’d have to say New Zealand.
- What did you want to grow up to be when you were a child? I remember I wanted to be an artist when I was 6.
- If you were the main character in a movie, what celebrity would want to play you? That’s kind of hard because I don’t know how actors choose which roles they want but umm, maybe Emma Watson? It would have to be me when I was younger…
- If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would do? Pay down the mortgage. The husband would probably disagree with me but there you go.
- Do you have any helpful tips for other bloggers out there? Ummm, stay true to your voice? It’s easy to get caught up in what other people are doing and trying to be part of the popular crowd. Ultimately, that’s just going to take the joy out of it.
- What is something most people don’t know about you? I’ve never used one of those lighters that work with the thumb. Like smokers have. I’ve always been afraid I would burn myself.
- What do you do with your free time? What free time? Sewing and knitting are always high on the list but I also like to read.
- What’s the one thing you simply can’t live without? I’m not going to go down the food and water path because of course. And I’m not going to go down the family path either. I’m going to stick to the luxuries and say the internet and indoor plumbing. (I had to deal with renovations in our one and only bathroom last Winter. And I got a stomach bug right during that time. I’m still traumatized.)
- What is your biggest fear? This is going to sound psycho-babbly but rejection and failure. And fire. But I’ve gotten better about that one with age.
And then 10 random facts about me.
- Everyone who knows me even a little bit knows I like cats a lot.
- My favorite color has always been blue, ever since I can remember. I don’t know why.
- I miss hearing Montreal French spoken around me so much that I get as excited as golden retriever puppy when I hear it.
- My daughters share a room.
- We live in Brooklyn and our neighborhood reminds me so much of our old neighborhood in Montreal. Except there’s no French, good baguette is harder to find, and forget about the pâtisseries I was used to.
- I have some hypermobility issues.
- Everyone who knows me a little bit knows my deep love of chocolate.
- I can’t live in the suburbs. I tried it for 5 years in a great little town and it was still depressing.
- I don’t like beer, oysters, cloves, and anise.
- I didn’t know what mac and cheese in a box was until I was 18. I tried it once and never bought any.
And now, it is way way past my bedtime so I’m just going to send you off to check out some blogs I like.
- 7PineDesign is a new one that I’ve added to my reader. It’s about sewing and it’s very technical. Love the reviews and critique.
- Charity at SayGrrSewing is sweet and bravely jumps into any project she’s interested in.
And I really have to go to bed now… (Sorry I didn’t complete more of the whole thing Amy. I figured it was best to put something up than just dragging it out. Forgive me? And thank you so much for nominating me.)
I’m always afraid of burning myself on those lighters too.
I’ve really been enjoying the 7PineDesign blog since the first time you linked to it- such valuable information!
Thank you! ❤
Each time I confess one of my fears, there’s someone to say they have that fear too! I love it.