I dropped the selfie ball on the last day of Me-Made-May but I did wear my own Juniper pants on the 31st.
I mentioned last Thursday how this has been such a learning experience.
- A month of selfies. So not everyday, but more than half the days. I still feel uncomfortable in front of the camera. I don’t look how I imagine I look, you know? I think it’s slowly starting to change. I’m slowly learning to accept the way I look and I’m slowly learning to pose. Very slowly.
- Toward the end of the month, I started wearing what I’ve made more often than I’d pledged. I like wearing my makes! There will definitely be more personal sewing in the future.
- I don’t need as much clothing as I think I do. Certainly not as much as I have.
- My favorite pieces are the ones that I took my time with. The Crepe dress and Juniper pants. I bought fabric specifically for them, made a muslin, took extra care while sewing them up… They ended up perfect. I think the care I put in them adds to their value. But they’re tiring. The easy and fast ones sometimes work out well and sometimes don’t. I love the ones that work out well, obviously, and the ones that don’t still teach me about sewing for myself. I need a little of both.
- I have no desire to buy clothing anymore. Unless it’s something exceptional. I still want to buy truckloads of shoes though.
And that’s a wrap!