I know, I know, Parc Safari part 3 pictures were supposed to go up today. The thing is that souricette 2 is wearing a dress made from a pattern I tested. That pattern isn’t published yet and I don’t want to publish any picture of her wearing it until I get the go ahead. So we wait.
In the meantime, you get to see me wearing my latest, no, second latest make. The latest will be tomorrow. Hopefully. I originally planned to sew this dress up in May. I got caught up in pattern testing and only got around to it last week.
It’s the Cappuccino dress by Liesl and co. Remember I made the top? I felt it might be a bit small so I went one size up for the dress. I used some cotton lawn that I got a long time ago. It’s a border print so I futzed around quite a bit to get everything exactly right. I cut it out to have the border run all the way around the bottom. It’s only after that I realized that vertical placement might have been more flattering. I find that horizontal stripes are more falttering than vertical stripes but vertical color blocking works better than horizontal.
I like it anyway. It does need a belt. The shape combined with the print I chose send it right into frumpy housewife territory on me. Add the belt and bam! Easy summer dress. This is actually my first time successfully belting a garment (well, you know, apart from something that has belt loops).