Well, ta-da! (Both are fat quarters of Kona cotton.)
I love these butterflies. The scale is exactly as I imagined. The funny thing is, I originally wanted it much smaller. But then, during class, I used this design for the mock-up assignment. I traced a pencil skirt and applied the large scale butterflies. That settled it right then and there. The butterflies had to be large scale.
The paisleys need some tweaking though. I want them much smaller. That’s easy enough to do. In fact, I’ve already done it. I just need to order it to see if it’s right. I’m going to try another fabric for that one. Maybe one of the knits?
Yeah, yeah, one of the designs is missing. The sheep plaid.
I just wasn’t satisfied with it. Something’s wrong with the plaid colors and I haven’t fixed it yet. I don’t even know if I’ll ever get back to it. I’m still calling this goal accomplished. Two out of three is good enough for me. Besides, I’m working on another of my fabric design goals right now: participating in one of the Spoonflower contests. It’s hard work! I need so much practice…
I’ll be uploading my designs as I make them, i.e. sloooooowly. I’m deuxsouriceaux over there as well. Come visit me! I’ll make my designs available for purchase when I’m satisfied with them (so the paisley isn’t available yet but the butterflies are). I’m excited, weee!