I’ve had this plaid/gingham cotton double gauze in my stash for over a year. Two years maybe? 3 yards each of two colors. To make each souricette an Oliver + S Pinwheel Dress and Tunic set. And I finally did it!
(Note that the girls directed themselves in this photoshoot.)
There really isn’t much to say about the pattern. Instructions and drafting top notch as ever with Oliver + S. I made a size 4T for souricette 2 which gives her some room to grow.
Souricette 1 got a size 6 but I should have lengthened it a bit.
The fabric is soft but was a bit of a pain to deal with it. It’s very loosely woven so it kept getting pulled off grain. I kept having to readjust as I was cutting. I tried to match the plaid at the side seams but with the shifty fabric, I needed to do it in single layer and I was having none of that. Besides, I thought the fabric requirements meant that I had to squeeze the pieces on. For souricette 1, the pattern said I needed over 3 yards. Turns out my fabric was 60″ wide so I still have a full yard of each color!
My finishing on the bias binding isn’t awesome. The weave of the gauze is so loose that the binding was suuuuuper stretchy. I tried not to pull on it but it wasn’t very cooperative.
Eh, the girls don’t care. One has been wearing the tunic with a skort and the other has been hanging around in the dress.